Here are the details:
- What is WordPress?
- How to set up a WordPress.com blog.
- Categories, tags, and content organization and navigation.
- Web publishing with the visual editor, HTML editor, QuickPress/PressThis, mobile, and alternative publishing tools.
- Publishing multimedia with WordPress.
- Content development and management.
- Introduction to basic core site customization (header art, widgets, etc.).
- Introduction to dynamic web page generation.
- Introduction to dynamic web design.
- Introduction to WordPress Themes.
- How to use Post Format Types.
- Comments and spam management.
- Multiple users and authors (permissions/authorities).
- Managing multiple contributors.
- Basic analytics and statistics with WordPress.com Stats.
- WordPress and SEO.
- Introduction to WordPress hybrid sites.
- How to create and manage custom menus.
- WordPress Widget functionality and customization.
- Understanding WordPress interactivity through trackbacks, pingbacks, and pings.
- WordPress feed management, integration, and customization.
- Integration of social media to and from WordPress.
- Managing a private or restricted access WordPress site.
- Introduction to WordPress Plugins.
- WordPress installation options.
- Troubleshooting WordPress.
- Introduction to WordPress development for employers and clients.
The class is open to new students. The limit is 12 students.
Related courses available from New Image College include HTML Fundamentals and Introduction to PHP to complement the WordPress class. Check their Course Catalog for more information.